Buffalo Gap Tx

CD1982

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2021
so i live near here and buffalo gap is a very old town..
ive heard one small story on this but it was along time ago and the person is no longer with us on earth
below is all the info so far i have found on google.. has anyone in the texas area heard of this?

i also know there is supposed to be some lost treasure near san angelo fort concho in some hills

Treasure of the Forty Niners hidden at Buffalo Gap south of Abilene remains unfound
Forty Niners laden with gold from California, on their way back east, buried gold in Buffalo Gap, Taylor County, when ambushed by Indians

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
below is all the info so far i have found on google.. has anyone in the texas area heard of this?

I'd never heard of it before you posted it, but I did a quick Google search myself and found several things. Just dump, "buffalo gap","buried","gold","texas" (quotes and all) into Google and see what comes up. The top link, at some site called The Rocker Box has a link for a book titled, "A Guide to Treasure in Texas" that supposedly has information about it. Don't know anything about the book, though. So you pays your money and takes your chances. To that end, one of the links is to a thread on this site titled, "3 Gold crosses". The posters don't seem too thrilled about that book, or another book that mentions the gold. But there are a few tidbits that may be worth following up on.

OP
OP
C

CD1982

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2021
yeah i also seen it on the therockerbox site and i did notice the reviews on the book were not that good..
but i may just get the book for giggles! im going to try an do some more research and also maybe ask some locals older ones when i get back home!

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i live near here and buffalo gap is a very old town..
ive heard one small story on this but it was along time ago and the person is no longer with us on earth

i also know there is supposed to be some lost treasure near san angelo fort concho in some hills

Treasure of the Forty Niners hidden at Buffalo Gap south of Abilene remains unfound
Forty Niners laden with gold from California, on their way back east, buried gold in Buffalo Gap, Taylor County, when ambushed by Indians
Don't give up on this one, its still there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread