What's new

Buffalo nickel

achetadomestica

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1920 Buffalo nickel last week and it came out normal dark clad color.
I can read the date and it is not toasted. How would you clean it up?
I have used the baking soda, tin foil, boiling water on a few silver pieces
with good success. I was hoping there is a similar technique for nickels?
THANKS
 
There have been quite a few threads in the past where folks have suggested a good rub down with Bar Keepers Friend will help clean up old nickels. I tried it a while back and it didn't clean my nickle as quickly as some claim to have experienced, but it did work. I just used my fingers to rub it on the coin but I recall that it wasn't too kind to my skin. I got quite a bit of dryness on my palm and fingers, presumably from the acid in the chemical. I'd suggest that you wear gloves and/or use a toothbrush if you do try this method.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495101997.238453.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom