What's new

Buffalo Spill

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a trip back to the yard the boy and I found all the Scouts neckerchiefs, no more neckerchiefs today.
Today my plan was to dig all the low tones and maybe find some gold. All I had for the first hour and a half was junk and more junk.
I did get another wheat, 1941. Then I got a 61 on the AT Pro and thought another pull tab. Flipped a plug and saw a nickel laying in the hole so picked it out, buffalo nickel. I never got the pin pointer out so flipped the plug back down then checked the hole with the detector. Another solid 61 hit so I flipped the plug back off. When I did coins went every where.
Two more buffalo's and a merc. I could see the impression where the coins laid on the bottom of the plug so laid them back in place and took a pic. I think two of the nickels were laying on each other.
I could only get a date off one buffalo, 1920 and the merc was a 1936 no mint mark.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 158
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    175.1 KB · Views: 162
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    106.9 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 25
awesome spill!! Love them buffs and merc!!
 
Wow, a herd in one hole and a Merc to boot. Great hunting, congrats. Sub 8-)
 
The Buff has to be the hardest coin to get a date from. Good finds!
 
Congrads on the haul.. buffs!
 
Great spill there ! Still looking for a good one like that here :occasion14:
 
Excellent spill there - would have made my month !
 
Very nice! I've only found 1 spill ever and it had 81 cents in clad and a bonus guitar pick. Great find
 
Great Buffalo Dump. Way to play in the dirt!
 
Very nice DS! Way to go for the odd ball target and hit treasure. I have to concentrate on digging more signals that are not what I am expecting! Very well done.
 
Very nice. It's a good feeling when coins spill off a plug. Even better when they're old! Congrats
 
Is a stampede.... love the buffs
 
I love them oldie coin spills. Bet that made you day! Super haul!!!:occasion14:
 
Looks like a late 1930s deposit to the bank of Mother Earth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom