Building a dredge highbanker combo!

goldfever1978

Sep 2, 2009
Concord, NC
Hello fellow prospectors,

I am looking for some plans to try and build my own dredge and/or highbanker. I have seen a few but am looking to build one that is relatively cheap(dang recession). I am going to start small with maybe some type of wet vac for my suction and try and incorporate my sluice or try and attach a highbanker in the system. Any plans and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe one day I will have some pics to share with everyone. Happy hunting to all!! :headbang: :headbang:

alaskabill

Jan 5, 2009
Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Hi Goldfever,

Last spring I finished building from plans my Honcoop Hibanker and it works great. I built my riffle trays and legs out of aluminum. I am already considering a modification (of my own design) to convert it into a dredge combo. The addition of hose, a hose connection into the header box and a jet nozzle should be easy to adapt the Honcoop plans for the dredge option.

I think Don Honcoop is still selling plans for the highbanker. You can contact him at [email protected]

I have posted pix of my finished highbanker on our club website at this link:
http://alaskagolddiggers.org/highbanker_1.html

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Bill

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
my friend Geno bought the plans (wood highbanker plans)also from Honcoup and he also made it out of alum. instead of wood like the plans say. it turned out real nice!i bought the plans also and they are very well detailed and it should be ez for you to build one yourself

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Go to the proline website and take a gander at their highbanker-a honest to god 2 pieces for the price of 1 and NO INSIPID GRIZZLY BARS to kill the dredging 1/2-now there is the true deal--tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_thumright:

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I have some PDF's of plans to build some stuff if you want I can email them to you.

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You might save money building your own, but the cost of a motor and pump is pretty high.. Watch e-bay and Craigslist. I got a Proline 3" combo, with floats, last October for $ 1,200.00. Got to approach E-bay and Craigslist like prospecting. look where others don't. A good deal is where you find it!!

jsehoule

Nov 24, 2006
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/jsehoule/highbanker/myhighbanker4.jpg

This is for sale. You will need a foot valve and pump/ motor set up. I bought a blank hopper from Keene and made the spray bar set up and grizzly. The spray bar is set up to allow you to remove each side. Just in case of a clog or broken pipe. If a pipe does break. It would cost about $5 to fix. I have 13 abs heavy duty quick connects. Each one cost $18 each. I have 2 lengths of lay flat hoses. One length is cut into 3 sections. That has helped me at a small brook that I go to. The other lay flat hose is blue and not shown. But it is a full length of 25' I believe. It has never been used. I have 2 or 3 riffles that use miners moss. The rest is carpet. I have used this unit about 8 times and what I am willing to sell. I have just over $600 invested. I have a lot more in the way of hoses as well. I would like to get $500 BO and you pay shipping from Massachusetts. I have a link to send you if you want to see pics of it in use and what it has found in gold. Mass has really fine gold. So I worked around that. If would be easy to make this a suction highbanker.

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alaskabill said:
Hi Goldfever,

Last spring I finished building from plans my Honcoop Hibanker and it works great. I built my riffle trays and legs out of aluminum. I am already considering a modification (of my own design) to convert it into a dredge combo. The addition of hose, a hose connection into the header box and a jet nozzle should be easy to adapt the Honcoop plans for the dredge option.

I think Don Honcoop is still selling plans for the highbanker. You can contact him at [email protected]

I have posted pix of my finished highbanker on our club website at this link:
http://alaskagolddiggers.org/highbanker_1.html

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Bill
Man, I love the legs on your home built! I just took six pairs to the goodwill box. figures eh.

alaskabill

Jan 5, 2009
Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
Man, I love the legs on your home built! I just took six pairs to the goodwill box. figures eh.

Hi AZA,

At $5 or $6 a pair, they make excellent adjustable legs for most any prospecting project. It is too bad these expensive devices (when new) cannot be recycled within the medical services industry. Better take advantage of the opportunity now - when "real'' change takes place to reduce the costs of medical care, someone will get smart and realize that previously used crutches work just as well as new ones and cost nothing to be used again and again....... until they actually break!

Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions