What's new

Bull Head

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
9,427
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got an ID for this bull head? There is nothing to the back, just the void from it being stamped-out.

IMG_6314.webp
 
Cattleman's paper weight!
 
Upvote 0
Thats a decent guess Reanm8er but it is not heavy enough. I would guess its a pin of some kind but :dontknow: could be something else.....

I'm just hoping someone might have seen one of these before and be able to give an ID.
 
Upvote 0
What metal is it? Almost looks Mesopotamian...lol I don't believe it is..haha
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Based on the patina and how it rang up I believe its copper.

Here is a photo of the back -

IMG_6349.webp
 
Upvote 0
You just might have a banner find! Is their a college around close to you? They should know...cool piece!:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Bolo..??? I see ( I think ) that it may have attached between the horns to something?
 
Upvote 0
You just might have a banner find! Is their a college around close to you? They should know...cool piece!:thumbsup:

LOL a banner would be cool but I have my doubts. There is a local college but there is no association with bulls....

Bolo..??? I see ( I think ) that it may have attached between the horns to something?

There is a small spot there I noticed also. I'm not certain about that however it would be a logical place for something to be attached.
 
Upvote 0
Probably not, but the size would be about right...can't find the (Mesopotamian) one, but there are a few online...mostly Buffalo instead of a bull.

Just for reference:
th
 
Upvote 0
Maybe some sort of of Horoscope medallion for "Taurus" ?
 
Upvote 0
looks like the bordon bull lol
 
Upvote 0
That looks amazing close if not exact IMHO nhbenz . :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice find! This is the mount of the belt buckle. I found similar last season. The buckle itself was silver one. The mount was brass one. If you need I can find the pictures. Try google Taxes cowboys buckles and they will show up.
 
Upvote 0
Here we go!
 

Attachments

  • P1240495.webp
    P1240495.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom