What's new

Bullet case ID

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Was going through yesterday's dig trash and noticed something unusual about a bullet case I had written off as modern. This case measures 21mm long and 13mm in diameter at the rim. As you can see it is a double strike rim fire and has an "H" makers mark.

Any info?
 

Attachments

  • bCase.webp
    bCase.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 202
Not as new as I had thought, thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Might be period to Civil war from what I am finding on the internet.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find :thumbsup: I agree with Trader about the type of casing... :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Cool find. :icon_thumright:

The Henry did have the double-strike firing-pin. Production of the Henry rifle ran from 1862-1866 and the rifles saw use for decades or longer thereafter. Could be Civil War period but the only way to even try and guess is by what other finds were made near it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom