Bullet mold, I think?

rottonr

Aug 17, 2008
Wisconsin
Found this in an old park in Cincinnati OH. It was down a good 11+ inches with a faint but constant tone. With the green on it I believe it's made from brass and the hinge part seems to have some rust. My best find this weekend of over 11 hours of hunting.

Would love to know any information on it, if it is rare, value, age.

Thanks in advance for information.

Attachments

• bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 001.jpg
    bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 814
  • bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 002.jpg
    bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 816
  • bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 003.jpg
    bullet mold (cinny) 05-17-2011 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 795
Upvote 0
It is a bullet mold. And it looks like a "Colt" pocket pistol bullet mold. 31 cal.? Look on the top side and see if you see "Colt" stamped on it...

DirtyMike said:
It is a bullet mold. And it looks like a "Colt" pocket pistol bullet mold. 31 cal.? Look on the top side and see if you see "Colt" stamped on it...

I don't see "Colt" on it any where, it could be corrided off.

It's a really cool find to get a complete one. The rust is from the iron hinge pin. I'm sure you could get it cleaned up, and use some "break free" or penetrating oil to get it freed up. Once you get it open you can measure the bullet size and get an idea of what it's for. Is it round ball or minnie? Any markings anywhere?

NOLA_Ken said:
It's a really cool find to get a complete one. The rust is from the iron hinge pin. I'm sure you could get it cleaned up, and use some "break free" or penetrating oil to get it freed up. Once you get it open you can measure the bullet size and get an idea of what it's for. Is it round ball or minnie? Any markings anywhere?

The mold has both a round and a cone shaped molds.

I found .28 Colt one similar to this one several years ago. Mine was broken. Here is a picture.

Jeff

Attachments

• Colt bullet mold 3.jpg
    Colt bullet mold 3.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 400
Yep......Colt like DirtyMike said......Great dig!!! :icon_thumright:

Yep,some not all are stamped"COLTS PATENT".We have found several.They range in value from $25 -$200

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back