What's new

Bullet variety day two

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the bullet dump for a little while this morning and done real well. Found what I think is a Williams cleaner WILLIAMS.webp This is a first for me. Also found what my be a pain bullet. It defiantly has been chewed on. Critter or soldier, its hard to tell but I think its cool.PAIN1.webpPAIN2.webp Had a great few hours, 17 bullets, some melt and two general service eagle buttons. BULLET VAR 2.webp This has been a great site for us. Back to work tomorrow :tongue3: Hope to see you next week. HH RN
 
Upvote 14
Great sampling of bullets, excellent hunting area for sure. Your bullet in the top photo is a Sharps carbine round.
 
Great sampling of bullets, excellent hunting area for sure. Your bullet in the top photo is a Sharps carbine round.

You are correct. Just looked it up. Confederate ring tale sharps. Thanks for the correction. :occasion14:
 
Maybe someone had pain and needed to gnaw on something.. Nice bullets.
 
Maybe someone had pain and needed to gnaw on something.. Nice bullets.

Want to believe that is what it is. Not sure. My buddy has found a couple also at same spot.
 
how awesome would that be if it truly was from someone biting down on it from a treatment on a battle wound!, I guess ya will never know!

very cool finds!!
 
how awesome would that be if it truly was from someone biting down on it from a treatment on a battle wound!, I guess ya will never know!

very cool finds!!

Cool to think about. It is from a camp within site of a battle field. I guess its possible.
 
Nice finds RN!!! I took a chewed on bullet from a CSA camp to my dentist who said that the bite marks were human. Gnawing animals generally have small lead punctures (except hogs-LOL). Being in roads with gravel cause this too. WTG, Q.
 
That's a lot of lead in just a couple of hours! I've found a number of "chewed" as well down here in La. With the number of wild hogs that we have, I've been told they are the most likely culprits - although, I guess we'll never really know.
 
Nice digs. chew on the bullet is on my wish list.
 
very nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom