bullet

djkam

Feb 27, 2007
friesland netherlands europe
Detector(s) used
garrett gtax750
the same place were i found the ring posted earlier today , i now found this bullet, as i am totally not familiar with weapons, can it be sharp/explode? at the bottom it looks like something with a thread is sticking out, its quite heavy like lead, shows copper on the display though, the second has been fired but is still closed, no bullet, a blank?

added: as the second one is still closed and heavy might it still be sharp/refused to fire and if so whats the best to do with it? police, trash bin, i found it at a childrens playground!!

Attachments

• CIMG2266_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2266_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 332
  • CIMG2267_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2267_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 320
  • CIMG2268_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2268_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 327
  • CIMG2122_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2122_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 327
  • CIMG2124_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2124_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
The second round is a blank for sure. The first looks to be a .50 cal or larger. I doubt it is explosive but i would suggest using care when ever handling ordnance. You had some sweet finds though...Congrats

I agree with Outraged. The first pic of the bullet appears to be .50 cal (12.7mm) FMJ. I doubt it is explosive, but just as Outraged suggested - always use care when handling any kind of ordance. Second pic is a spent blank casing abosolutely.

That doesn't look like a .50 cal bullet, they're a bit larger, maybe a 30.06? The second pic is definitely a spent shell case - no danger in either one of them.

HH/NS

30.06 is a basicly 7.62mm diameter - the bullet in the picture is definitely over 11mm at least - probably closer to 12 or a little over (thus the .50 cal guess) just judging by the scale it is pictured beside of.

.50 caliber bullet. . . usually copper jacketed with a lead core. It's good you found it instead of a kid. . . that's grounds for suspension if a teacher found one of them with it.

50Cal.jpg

Take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back