Bullets, Buttons, and Canister Shot: Civil War Camp Finds

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I have not been able to hunt very much lately. My employee ate some bad peanut butter and crackers, resulting in Salmonella. I was able to get out last week for a couple of hours. We, Vol1266-X and I, went back to Button Hill. This is where we have dug up over 20 Eagle buttons. I was able to add one more to my collection. I also dug up a nice .69 caliber bullet and assorted camp fire lead.

I escaped this morning with Vol1266-X for a few hours. I thought it was going to be a pretty good day, because within the first 5 minutes we both dug a piece of canister shot. I was able to retrieve two .54 caliber bullets, four more pieces of canister shot, a .36 caliber pistol bullet, a carved .54 caliber bullet, and part of a Civil War picture frame. Vol1266-X found a finial from a cap box, plus assorted canister shot. I hope my employee gets well soon.

Attachments

• DSC00752.JPG
    DSC00752.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 707
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 713
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Dman said:
I have not been able to hunt very much lately. My employee ate some bad peanut butter and crackers, resulting in Salmonella. I was able to get out last week for a couple of hours. We, Vol1266-X and I, went back to Button Hill. This is where we have dug up over 20 Eagle buttons. I was able to add one more to my collection. I also dug up a nice .69 caliber bullet and assorted camp fire lead.

I escaped this morning with Vol1266-X for a few hours. I thought it was going to be a pretty good day, because within the first 5 minutes we both dug a piece of canister shot. I was able to retrieve two .54 caliber bullets, four more pieces of canister shot, a .36 caliber pistol bullet, a carved .54 caliber bullet, and part of a Civil War picture frame. Vol1266-X found a finial from a cap box, plus assorted canister shot. I hope my employee gets well soon.

My employee has had a relapse and has become very sick. Please keep her in your prayers.
Dman

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of relics thats always a good day. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread