What's new

Bullseye rosette Help ?

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to determine if this is in fact a civil war Artillery rosette ? The first two pics are of the rosette I found. The third pic is the closest match I could find online. they listed this 3rd pic as a civil war Artillery style rosette ?? What do you think ? Not an exact match but close . Thanks ! MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0972.webp
    IMG_0972.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0970.webp
    IMG_0970.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 0077a.webp
    0077a.webp
    19 KB · Views: 256
As far as I know both are civilian rosettes but are civil war period. The Artillery rosettes had US on them and had a heavy brass wire on the back.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
As far as I know both are civilian rosettes but are civil war period. The Artillery rosettes had US on them and had a heavy brass wire on the back.
Thanks Vayank, I had considered it civilian as well till I saw the other rosette online listed as civil war artillery . I guess they were just trying to get a few extra bucks out of it by tying in to the war. I can't part with and don;t sell any of my relics. MaineRelic
 
Upvote 0
You're weclome. I've dug quite a few civilian rosettes over the years but only 1 US Artillery rosette. I understand about not wanting to sell.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom