What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of strap buckle?

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
10,891
Golden Thread
0
Found last year( I hope I haven't already posted this)

It has two small little teeth on the sides. What's left of them. I've found a match online but no luck with ID. Found in old settlement area colonial / civil war if that helps. Maybe saddle girth strap?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0910.webp
    IMG_0910.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0909.webp
    IMG_0909.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0908.webp
    IMG_0908.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Found last year( I hope I haven't already posted this)

It has two small little teeth on the sides. What's left of them. I've found a match online but no luck with ID. Found in old settlement area colonial / civil war if that helps. Maybe saddle girth strap?
Nate: what you have is known as Daisy Pattern of a Back Band Hook.
IMG_4769.webp

This is similar.
 
Upvote 0
How did you find it with that ward patent? Did it say what it was used for ?
 
Upvote 0
How did you find it with that ward patent? Did it say what it was used for ?
Eiler catalog (on line). The Ward Patent was a different style, show just above yours in the catalog.
IMG_4770.webp

The one on the right is the Ward’s Patent model of a Back Band Hook.
 
Upvote 0
Google's AI assistant says that the depicted "Daisy" buckle is a component typically found in saddlery hardware and equestrian equipment.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom