???Bummed Out!! My Silver Umax just died!!!!

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
???Bummed Out!! My Silver Umax just died!!!!

I've been loving this Silver Umax as you can see from my review of the thing in this forum. Well, I just finished a hunt, powered it down - then when I went to go back out it wouldn't turn on. I changed to brand new battery and nothing. It has never turned back on!! I didn't get it wet, no sand, nothing harsh at all. It just died. I'm totally bummed because it's Friday and I wanted to hunt all weekend. Any idea about how to get this fixed? I got it second hand but I hear that Tesoro may honor the warranty still even though they don't have to. Anyone else have this problem? Well, I hope they fix it for me, I love that thing.

Ian

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Re: ???Bummed Out!! My Silver Umax just died!!!!

Do you have a multi-meter? If you do check the ohms through the battery connector with the unit on, check the on switch (ohms). If the on switch is showing no or very low resistance a diode isn't switching (gate is bad). It may be a fluke, checking ohm value (which uses a low voltage) may trigger the gate. If you had called Tesoro on Fri they may have been able to help, they are really good about it.

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.

Thanks, you are right, I should have gotten ahold of them right away. Instead I went to the store and bought another new battery b/c I thought that was it. Oh well, Im sure this is a fluke since I have never ever read about this before.

Ian

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

I bought my Tiger Shark second hand (2 years ago) and last year (2006) had a problem with the start up tone (would not stop). I called Tesoro and they said send it in with a letter explaining what is wrong and your telephone number. Less than a week later, it came back fixed and no charge (except for shipping to them). Give them a call first thing Monday morning. Their customer service is great in my book. Hope it helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread