What's new

Bunch of iron finds from small forest strip

TreasureCatto

Bronze Member
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
3,516
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere lurking around your local Coinstar
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter, 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, My eyes and ears
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bit cloudy and cool today, there were quite some amount of people walking up and down the streets. It felt another perfect day to go detect. For a while I've been looking at a small strip of undisturbed forest between the road and the community park. I planned to go detecting inside the strip. There were less people in the park than I thought but proceeded with ease. There was a small but unnoticeable cutaway into the strip and ending in the center of the strip looks as if there was a small clearing made inside. Boulders and ivy were everywhere inside. I took time to get gloves on and clear the ground on ivy. 5 minutes go by and I start in the direction towards my entry. Some joggers and on goers pass by, but I'm completely concealed within the forest.

I haven't used Markup on my 4 1/2 year old iPhone in a very long while so here is some naming what I could ID right away.
After 1 and a half hour, I recover everything below v
fullsizeoutput_28a.webp
fullsizeoutput_289.webp
Any artifacts with a question mark near it, I will take any input on IDing it.

Here are some finds near the strip within the park from a month ago I meant to post in Gas cap? What era?
All 3 were cleaned with CLR.
fullsizeoutput_28b.webp

Will return to the strip for more artifacts,,, or even gold:coins:. Good luck to me then. Thanks for looking and HH!!:icon_thumright:
 
Last edited:
The ring thing that is 165mm long is half of a horse bit.
The curly wire thing is the remains of either a seat spring or mattress spring.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bottom right is banding from a crate or pallet. In the middle of one piece you can see the crimped joiner clamp. probably fairly modern and used daily even now.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom