What's new

Burger and Sutton of Lancaster

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Button's backmark helps ID.

Found this convex metal button today, four-hole sew-on. Upon cleaning it I could read a backmark "BURGER & SUTTON LANC PA". This was found in Baltimore city, which for it's time (1880s) was far removed from Lancaster. Research shows Burger & Sutton were operating at 24 Centre Sq. in Lancaster, PA. The image below shows the back of the button along with an ad from an 1884 Lancaster paper and an 1881 Trade card.

B&S ad.webp
 
Upvote 14
Hello McCDig. Nice save and research. It's always great to have more revealed when you get home. Good Luck. C9
 
Hey C9, thanks. Someone said recently "Finding good stuff is only one quarter the fun. The balance relies on the research which is 3/4 of the fun."
 
Hey C9, thanks. Someone said recently "Finding good stuff is only one quarter the fun. The balance relies on the research which is 3/4 of the fun."

I dunno I am thinking it's about half and half...either way it's all good. Thanks for the reply McCDig and HH. C9
 
I agree. Don't think anything beats a recovery.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom