What's new

Buried Depth

BILLMCSE

Greenie
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
New here so just asking a question regarding depth. If an item was buried, be it a chest or even just a relic and it was in the ground about 2 feet, I assume there's no chance of finding it with your standard detector. You would need something like a two box unit, is that correct?
 
No. A couple of feet with an average detector on large iron with a bigger coil could hit it.
I personally and quite a few others on here have dug beer cans over a foot with just your basic equipment.

Gets into a lot of, how long has it been in the ground, how big is it, what kind of soil, what kind of metal, etc.

Al
 
You can find larger objects with a normal detector , like was said above if it has a lot of metal in it then you can find things quite a ways down.
I have found metal objects down almost two foot that where about 8 or 9 inches in size . That was all metal but you will be surprised at how deep you can find larger items .
 
He also had this doubt. I'm putting together a clock like that induction of the link.

I have a multiplier GTI2500 with depth, but still not got used to it.
I'll post pictures of a piece of 25cm in diameter to 110cm deep
 
Thanks for the replies

Hasse, where are you at there? In a park/trail?
 
BILLMCSE said:
Thanks for the replies

Hasse, where are you at there? In a park/trail?
This video is from youtube!
I'm building one of these.
This is mine. :icon_thumright:



 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom