buried family fortune

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
in 1600s ,during the civil war, cromwells army was marching back from evesham,where i now work for dawn foods (usa),and were approaching a local stately home,the owner ,loyal to the king, heard of the approaching army and told his butler to get the family siver and plate and hid it, so he did, taking the garden wheel barrow full of the family silver and set off into the night, dug a hole next to an old elm, and buried it, setting back, a small band of scounts in advance of the column saw him and fired a fatal shot, making it back to his master, only to inform him that it was buried next to an elm tree nr by, then died...the house was attacked and the owners tortured as to its silvers wereabouts..., but to no avail..it still is buried to this day....

i recentley metal detected the surrounding elms, but to no avail, but one tree a horse chestnut, threw up a dated silver spoon, whose ladle is no bigger than 5mm, and handle length 3", was it drpped from the bumpy ride to the tree.....i will see....soon hopefully

Upvote 0

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be tough to find a tree that may be gone from that early, but if you stand back and look at the geography you may see the burm of where trees once stood. also if the house was that close when he got shot you may be talking 200-300 feet from the hose. i suggest a grid search and record your grids. Good luck.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was a Roundhead and wasn't able to find out the location from the poor owners I'd be out looking for fresh diggings in the direction where the servant was shot.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry,

Glad you're not a Roundhead!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread