Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out in the woods It took me a half hour to find it all.
Possibly all stolen from cars and trucks.
I don't know all of them or what years they are.
The newcastle brown ale cap was the last thing out of the same hole 12 to 16 inches deep.
Anyone know what years they were from. DSCF0127.JPG DSCF0128.JPG DSCF0129.JPG DSCF0130.JPG DSCF0131.JPG DSCF0132.JPG The axe was found earlier not to far from the stach. DSCF0134.JPG DSCF0135.JPG

Upvote 15

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really strange

I'm guessing early 90's

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like predominantly cadillac, BMW, and Mercedes benz hood ornaments. The ram is from a dodge. Interesting finds. Definitely some kid stealing them, no doubt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats! :occasion14: I believe they were all stolen from cars in the neighborhood at the the time. :dontknow:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those bulldogs are collectible thats a crazy find pretty cool though.....Tommy

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG What a flashback!
Me and some neighbor kids, (we were hoodlums), did the same thing in the early 80’s.
Had a nice collection of about 20 or so... got scared, and buried the evidence in the woods behind the Forefathers Monument in Plymouth MA.
Also, had a collection of gas caps... Wait for it....
Next to my house was a funeral home. They had a service, and we collected about 50 gas caps. Got grounded, and an ass whooping from my Dad, after I returned them to the police, I remember they were in a brown paper bag. Good times lol

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
OMG What a flashback!
Me and some neighbor kids, (we were hoodlums), did the same thing in the early 80’s.
Had a nice collection of about 20 or so... got scared, and buried the evidence in the woods behind the Forefathers Monument in Plymouth MA.
Next to my house was a funeral home. They had a service, and we collected about 50 gas caps. Got grounded, and an ass whooping from my Dad, after I returned them to the police, I remember they were in a brown paper bag. Good times lol

Same flashback here too! The hip hop groups of that era were wearing Mercedes hood ornaments as necklaces. The Beastie Boys took it down a notch with VW emblems. I "stole" a few from junkyards in the late 80's.

Attachments

• Beastie Boys VW.jpg
    Beastie Boys VW.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 42

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never surprises me what one can find when out MD'ing. Thanks for sharing!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a collection of hood ornaments from the "hoods" that stole them !

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OMG What a flashback!

Myself and my buddies used to do this exact same thing when I was 12 years old back in 1976!
We had a tree house fort on on our buddies property and we used to decorate the walls with our 'finds'. :laughing7:

Nice finds Rodger,
Dave

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats too funny. Some may clean up nice. I see a few jaguar ornaments and one off a greyhound bus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread