What's new

Burins

Bow Only

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
254
Reaction score
485
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of some burins. They are wood working tools that were used for carving. Sorry the pic is so washed out, the glass was giving me fits.
 

Attachments

  • Burrins.webp
    Burrins.webp
    16 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting this, they're really cool and I think I might have a tip to one. Will take a pic when I get home and post it to see what you think if you don't mind me doing so.
 
I have several burinated pieces but unfortunately I don't any pictures of any except for these Bifurcates with Burins on the bases. This actually a trait on these types of Bifurcate Points. Why they did it, I'm not really sure. I have never seen any definitive answers on that.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-02-18 21.10.12.webp
    2016-02-18 21.10.12.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2016-02-18 21.10.39.webp
    2016-02-18 21.10.39.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2016-02-18 21.11.26.webp
    2016-02-18 21.11.26.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 2016-02-18 21.13.58.webp
    2016-02-18 21.13.58.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016-02-18 21.15.38.webp
    2016-02-18 21.15.38.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2016-02-18 21.15.46.webp
    2016-02-18 21.15.46.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 2016-02-18 21.17.36.webp
    2016-02-18 21.17.36.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom