What's new

business end or base?

ncnurseryman

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
803
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this broken piece today. Not sure if its some kind of round end blade or a base of a blade. If its a base why would it be sharpened.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131110_153948.webp
    ForumRunner_20131110_153948.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20131110_154006.webp
    ForumRunner_20131110_154006.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20131110_154021.webp
    ForumRunner_20131110_154021.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Looks like a portion of a knife form to me.
 
After a closer look, it may just be a utilized flake, and isn't broken at all, and a nice one.
 
NCNursery I'm thinking these are scrapers or some sort of blade. Quito is correct about the utilized flake. Many of these are thin with micro flaking while others are thicker. Even the thick ones, I think, were made from "scrap" or flakes. Here are a couple I found yesterday possibly in the same field yours was found in. I could only walk the edge of the field because wheat has been sewn. First pic, a thick one

image-506432819.webp



image-258512461.webp

This one is thin.

image-98229406.webp



image-2879249781.webp

Nice eye!!
 
Yeah. The wheat was sown where I was too. I kinda walked between the lines. The field was really dry. Need some rain but then the wheat will hide it all.
 
Yeah. The wheat was sown where I was too. I kinda walked between the lines. The field was really dry. Need some rain but then the wheat will hide it all.

Some people let you walk wheat while its young. They say the sun will pull what's stepped on back the next morning. Others are curious as hell over wheat.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom