Foxtrot197
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I had a wonderful week learning my equipment . I found ,4 pennys, 12 bottlecaps , a silver charm for a neclace, about 15 nails and 2 broken nails that were tiny pieces, a handfull of pull tabs,ends of copper wire and cable wire the techs left, a hammer head and metel from siding when the workers installed it when the house was built . All this in my yard and Ill tell you I feel great and like a kid again. Its such a wonderful thing once you start to understand the settings on the machines and you start to dial them in better and better. just the tineyest little bits can take you from zero to hero quick . Other than extensive research I feel a great part of treasure hunting is spending time learning your equiptment as I am greener than grass and I think I am moving into the Novice catigory. I have my wife hide a gold ring over and over on our 1 acre property and then I go search for it. What I have found with finding it over and over is that my machines are or rather I am getting fine tuned with my machines and I also am finding things i have missed on previous searches . Also I am getting much faster and I guess you would call it the sweep but my sweep is even and smooth now and at the correct speed and perfectly parralelle . Im thinking another few weeks of this and ill be ready to go . I know to all of you experienced people this is childlike but I feel great about it. DO MANY OF YOU RELAX OR CALM YOURSELF OR JUST OUTRIGHT ENJOY DETECTING OR IS IT ALL BUSINESS TO YOU ? I find this enjoyable and was wondering to how many people is it relaxing and enjoyable or is it all business ?




. ive really thought my own question over and other than a serious desired hobby and something i have looked forward to and set as a goal in life to be able to walk again and achive the outcome of all of the research i have done for years myself rather than just giving the intel away for others to find on the splits , I will say it is a medical treatment of some sorts in many ways. It gives me exercise and also i have a goal in life now in my life plan . You know something to do and look forward to and the Docs think its a great thing that I have done so much and now i am actually doing it myself so I guess its 80% medicinal purposes for me and the other 20% to spend quality time with my wife of 25 years then i must admit i must overlap another 25% atleast as its new friends with same interests that seem to be great people as the people in my life prior to my injuries i just no longer fit into their lives. yes i would say its a medicinal hobby and a good one at that.






