What's new

Butter Stamp

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
2,521
Reaction score
2,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to my newest honey hole yesterday morning, but it appears the well has run dry. I hit it for a couple of hours with the E-TRAC for some modern clad, a 1945 Wheat, a 1940 Jefferson, a Michigan Mutual Life token and this cool butter stamp. It reads Madison Station Creamery Mississippi. If I'm wrong, let me know, but I believe it's a butter stamp. Google says that Madison Station Creamery was registered on 4/14/1887, but is now inactive.

20160410 Madison Station Creamery butter stamp.webp

I switched to the F75 for the last hour and hit areas that I had already hit with the E-TRAC. I came up with a 1947d Wheat and an 188? IHP (my 6th this year, 4th this week).

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
 
Upvote 18
outstanding.gif
Nice find! Thanks for sharing...
 
That stamp is really cool
I love stuff like that
 
Those are some of my favorite type finds...d2
 
That's a first for me and I LUV it!!!! CONGRATZ...
 
That stamp is pretty darn cool. Best of luck CC!
 
Thanks all! I had no idea what it was, I could just tell that the words were inverted on it. I apologize for not putting a size reference in the pic, but it's maybe twice the size of a Morgan. I couldn't figure out what it might be, so I took it to the older couple the lives next door. The woman guessed it was a butter stamp. So, I took that to Google. It seems most butter stamps were made of wood, but I guess this one was made of metal because it was commercial. Anyway, I love this find, it's the coolest thing to me!
 
I'd guess that it is half of a press used to emboss important business documents, neat find.
 
I have detected over 35 years and that's the first Butter Stamp I've seen....nice find!!! Love it!
 
Thats what I call an interesting find. Sweet none the less. Congratz!
 
That is for sure a unique find. Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom