• image-2768691831.jpg
    image-2768691831.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3420630057.jpg
    image-3420630057.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
I'm not sure but I think it's civil war I hope some guys help id it

Your button looks to be civil war era. Can you read the backmark? Tennessee digger

Sadly I can't if ya zoom in on the pic you can tell its pretty well toasted. What else could I look for to identify it as civil war

Judging by the eagle's wings and the shape of his head I would say that it is a civil war era button based on what I can see. Indian war era buttons are different in several ways but once again, to be certain, you would need to read the back. Can you see any letters at all? Tennessee digger

Can't see a single letter I'm gonna try to clean it a little tomorrow and maybe I can get a few letters then. Thanks for your help. Ill let ya know about the letters if I find any

It may not have a backmark, but it's CW or CW era.

DON'T DISCREDIT YOURSELF : A button in any shape "thesedays" is always a great find in my book & the point is very nice to ;I know there are some laying around my area of operation all I have have found through the yrs are a few chips & pottery shards .I JUST DONT HAVE AN EYE FOR THEM .Davers

Thanks for the help guys

Yep that's a two piece CW era button....general service. You're digging history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back