What's new

Button Cover?

BadM0nkey

Full Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for an hour to a local park. Found plenty of vintage pull tabs, a wrench, a nickel, 3 copper pennies (1 wheat) and 2 partial zinc pennies. I also found what I think is a silver plated button cover. Any way to identify its age? It was 7 inches down under a tree root. Tree was planted in 1976.
 

Attachments

  • 1440266928567.webp
    1440266928567.webp
    105.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 1440266942441.webp
    1440266942441.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
I think its just an actual button for a womans blouse. My mom had one with buttons like this.
 
I think you are right that it is a button, not some kind of cover. The edge is rolled and it is hollow. The inside has some green corrosion so I am guessing the base metal is copper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom