Button Disc setting help please

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Hi, I am working a trashy area full of rusty nails and junk metal, but it has produced three CW buttons in the past. Trouble is, I can't remember the setting I was using that day years ago. I am currently using a 6000 ID Pro. Where should I start the disc at, as I am looking for buttons mainly amidst the trash?
Thanks, Becket

OP
OP
B

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Ok, how about, will the buttons still sound off as a good signal with the disc at five (on a ten scale), or will they give a broken signal?
If no reply, I will answer this myself here if I find another button. The three are all shirt and cuff size, no coat buttons; though I did find a couple of large flat metal unmarked buttons (colonial?) nearby that site.

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Use the buttons that you found to set your discrimination. Stop tuning when they start to break up. In trash you will need a small coil and slow sweep but you can find the good stuff if you are patient.
Mike

OP
OP
B

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Thanks, didn't know if buttons toned different like coins when compared to how long they've been buried, as opposed to air tests. I'll burry a couple in the same area, set disc, and go from there, thanks!
HH Becket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions