GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2012 #1 This button came from an area I have found U.S. general service buttons dating to 1812 also 5th dragoons. Its close to a second Seminole war fort that had Spanish occupation before that. I have done no cleaning. Pretty sure I see a spread eagle. Upvote 0
This button came from an area I have found U.S. general service buttons dating to 1812 also 5th dragoons. Its close to a second Seminole war fort that had Spanish occupation before that. I have done no cleaning. Pretty sure I see a spread eagle.
fyrffytr1 Gold Member Joined Mar 5, 2010 Messages 7,742 Reaction score 12,710 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Georgia Detector(s) used XP Deus, White's DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 13, 2012 #2 It looks like an Eagle to me and being one piece it probably dates prior to the 1840s when two piece buttons came into being.
It looks like an Eagle to me and being one piece it probably dates prior to the 1840s when two piece buttons came into being.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 13, 2012 Thread Owner #3 Hey thanks.. I did some research since I posted. It's an eagle Dragoons button. 1812-1820 about.