What's new

Button help needed. "American Button Co Newark NJ"

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
1,104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found me a nice button yesterday but I have no idea what the design on the front means. I know the American Button Co dates fom 1901 to 1920. At least that is from the site I looked at. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1412.webp
    IMG_1412.webp
    22 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_1411.webp
    IMG_1411.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Looks like it says NC Co. Maybe a railroad button?
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking NG. Funny I didnt think that could have been co. in the middle. Good thing for different sets of eyes.
Looks like it says NC Co. Maybe a railroad button?
 
Upvote 0
No suggestions, but nice find!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice entangled letter career uniform button. My Great Seal thread dates this American Button Company backmark to 1902 and they made buttons during WWI. The factory burned down in 1917.
GN Co is for Grey News Company.View attachment 628768
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I had to do is look in the button backmark book sent to me by TheCannonBallGuy. :icon_thumright:The book says the American Button Co ceased to exist in 1920 and was bought by Waterbury Button Co. I found the GN Co button on the Waterbury site.
 
Upvote 0
I guess we can mark this one SOLVED. Whoever has the new job of green checking these threads is sleeping.:laughing9: I will no longer be posting reminders as I did in the past.
 
Upvote 0
I tried to do that but it looks like that option was taken away.
The tutorial says that members would be doing it but there are many unmarked threads. It doesnt work for me either.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should be under thread tools. Great local find buddy. I will get with you once I am back in the state and settled back into my regular job. PB
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom