What's new

Button Help Please. D. Evans & Co. Attleboro Mass Button.

littlenester

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I've had this button for sometime and finally dug it out for some research. I would like to date this button. It has a P on the front. I was thinking police? But I can't find any one like it. I would also like to know how to clean it up some without destruction. Thanks for your help. Feels good to be back on here! IMG_20210615_153237.webpIMG_20210615_153302.webpIMG_20210615_153252.webpIMG_20210615_153347.webp
 
Welcome to TNet!

That is certainly a Police button and that backmark was in use from 1850 - 1880 per McGuinn & Bazelon's backmark book.

If it was mine I would only remove the blue oxidation with a toothpick and apply some 3 in one oil to it.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Dug! Can do as I have the 3 and one oil for my sewing machine. I really appreciate the time you took to look it up for me.
 
Thank you so much for confirming Mackaydon!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom