What's new

Button Help Please?

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this today:
24mm
I think its Napoleonic, I thinks its French or Prussian or Austrian but not English.

The back mark is hard to make out:

WA????RY BUTTON CO. (not sure on the R before the Y. Button Co. is pretty clear)
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 211
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Montana Jim said:

Nice ID. When was it made, it looks like an old loop type circa 1812??

Yes, it's a "birdcage shank" - at least thats what I remember them being called.

The date, I think, looking at what I can see of the backmark: WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1849-1965

But, as a one piece with that old-school shank maybe it's something else... I'll keep looking
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
CRUSADER said:
Montana Jim said:

Nice ID. When was it made, it looks like an old loop type circa 1812??

Yes, it's a "birdcage shank" - at least thats what I remember them being called.

The date, I think, looking at what I can see of the backmark: WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1849-1965

But, as a one piece with that old-school shank maybe it's something else... I'll keep looking

I guess it could be late 1800s, as a lot of the other stuff is around that date.

Cheers.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom