What's new

button help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
This button says, "TREBI GILT" or "TREBLE GILT"? It also has an image of an eagle it seems. Anyone ever see a button like this? It has a hint of gold gilt on it also. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 169
I have seen these several times. They are not military though.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike is right. The eagle is just part of the backmark. I have seen those buttons sell for $10 each though because of the eagle. The backmark is Treble Gilt. There is another word above the eagle along the edge of the button but I can't make it out. The button dates about 1800 to the 1830 or so.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom