What's new

Button help!

Eagledigs

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these buttons among minie balls in the Union siege lines at Vicksburg. I know #1 is Civil War era as it is marked "Extra Quality" and I have found the exact button back on many Civil War sites. It appears to have been a Union staff officer or infantry button. The one I am really curious about is #2. It doesnt look like a piece of a button but it is brass. It is dome shaped and has a small "clip" inside. As far as the other 3 are concerned, i have no clue as to the age. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    42 KB · Views: 102
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 97
For number 2 a shot of the back might help, but I think you have a concave plain button and it very well be from that era if that is what it is. There was also a ball button from that era. Best I can guess without more pics. Regards.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks duggap. The last pic is the back of al the buttons...
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom