What's new

Button I.D. Anyone?

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found an unusual button today while digging around an old site. Not even sure if it is a button, but sure looks like one. Any ideas on the symbols?
Thanks for looking.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • button_a.webp
    button_a.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 200
  • button_b.webp
    button_b.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 183
  • button_c.webp
    button_c.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 191
Is it a train, looks like it?
 
Upvote 0
Early 1900's work clothes button. A number of buttons with similar locomotive designs are listed in Baker's Railroad Collectibles, Hughes & Lester's The Big Book of Buttons, and Adams & Albert's A Descriptive Catalog of Pictorial Buttons Worn on Work Clothing, 1900-1935.
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
Early 1900's work clothes button. A number of buttons with similar locomotive designs are listed in Baker's Railroad Collectibles, Hughes & Lester's The Big Book of Buttons, and Adams & Albert's A Descriptive Catalog of Pictorial Buttons Worn on Work Clothing, 1900-1935.

To follow up on what PBK and the others have said, here is a link with many different designs of train buttons that have been found. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223103.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Train button indeed! I rotated the picture and the train can clearly be seen. Cool button.

I have been messing around on this site that's on a 1912 map. There are no foundations or structure of any kind remaining. Just a field. But off in the woods there are several mounds of dirt piled up. Right on the edge of the woods. So it appears whatever remains of the old structures were bulldozed off into the woods. This button was found on top of one of the mounds. This would be a good site for a sifter. I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm glad to find a button, but I sure would like to find my first barber before winter sets in.

Thanks for the excellent info guys.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • button_a.webp
    button_a.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom