What's new

Button ID Help For A Buddy

Ahab8

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
8,293
Golden Thread
2
Location
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webpMy buddy just dug this button and I'm wondering if anybody has ever seen the design. I'm not sure if it could be a livery type button or what. But if I can dig up some info Id like to help him out. Thanks guys. The raised design almost looks as though it's got some iron in it?
image.webp
image.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Interesting button, the symbols, a Christian cross and the other reminds me of two snake heads (caduceus)....nursing related maybe?

I'll be interested to see what this one is
 
Very interesting button indeed, can't wait to see the ID, even if civilian it's a sweet button
 
That is a very unique button. I sure hope someone ID's that one. Looks VERY old.
 
It may be mid. 18th century French , they had buttons with an applied iron design on the face, and I have dug one myself. Mine is also broken.
 
Last edited:
Interesting Abe. That one design almost looks like a crab but I doubt that's what it is.
 
very interesting button...first glance it appeared to be a viking helmet and cross...but after looking at it for a minute, also thinking that maybe nursing or medic ...if just ciliviation it could represent heaven and hell...
 
Normally I never even look at button posts...
But... Ahab posted a "what is it"...
So curious I looked and did a few searches and also came up empty...
BUT... I will say this...
Symbolism here is key...
I "read" this button as saying something to the effect of...
Keeper of the Faith... Eternal Life... or poss similar.
 
very interesting button...first glance it appeared to be a viking helmet and cross...but after looking at it for a minute, also thinking that maybe nursing or medic ...if just ciliviation it could represent heaven and hell...

Apart from Vikings never had helmets like that it was a Victorian romantic design. They did however have head 'adornments' of wild ox horns when doing their paassage to manhood ritual.
 
Thanks for taking a look guys guys. This one may remain a mystery
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom