What's new

Button ID Help Needed

Ohio Jerry

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
842
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro
This is a nicely detailed button with the backmark showing B&S Mfg. Co. It came from an 1800's cellarhole site that was occupied until the mid 1900's so there is a large time span that it could be from. If anyone can put an approximate date on it I would appreciate it. Thanks for havin a look :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • navy front.webp
    navy front.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 342
  • navy back.webp
    navy back.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 338
Its a US Marine Corps button but I cant date it.
 
Upvote 0
WW I.......Vintage, in my collection for over 10 years, dug relic condition circa WW1 US Marine Corps button. Design features 13 stars above a US eagle over an anchor device. What is offered here is ONE dug relic button selected from several on hand, photo shows a typical example, WW1 combat.
Check EBAY.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I believe that B&S stands for "Brown and Sharp" manufactured in Boston sometime between 1840-1870 will try to find some info online to post.

CW
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom