What's new

Button id help

Bbchevelle

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Pa
Detector(s) used
At Pro/F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for an hour after work yesterday and dug this button(along with more cut nails to add to my collection :tongue3:), but I hope I may have found a keeper. No part of it was attracted to the magnet, and there is writing on the back. I haven't done any cleaning other than mild soap and water. Is it a real artillery cuff button? It looks similar to pictures on various websites, but I'd rather learn from the good folks here. Thanks for looking and any insights you may have. Dig On! :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • metal detecting 001 - Copy.webp
    metal detecting 001 - Copy.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 296
  • metal detecting 002 - Copy.webp
    metal detecting 002 - Copy.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 303
Appears to be of CW period,is Artillery,and if you can pull the Backmark and post it,a whole lot more info can be given :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
rocky raccoon said:
artillery,without backmark hard to say
............................you need to research some more!!
 
Upvote 0
I agree. It appears CW Artillery.
 
Upvote 0
From your measurements it looks to be 21/32" which equals about 17mm. Wouldn't that be a vest size button? I have some cuffs that measure 13mm and coats that measure 20-21mm.
Either way I am also adding to the CW period guess and will go out on a limb and say it is Alberts' AY 74C.
 
Upvote 0
Def Federal Artillery
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info everybody, I'll try and clean up the back and get it posted.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom