What's new

Button id needed please..

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
7 stars in the center i thought it was a Massachusetts regiment but :dontknow:

Blaze
 

Attachments

  • ri war buttons 001.webp
    ri war buttons 001.webp
    38 KB · Views: 163
  • ri war buttons back 002.webp
    ri war buttons back 002.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 146
  • ri war buttons 001.webp
    ri war buttons 001.webp
    38 KB · Views: 153
  • ri war buttons back 002.webp
    ri war buttons back 002.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 154
I do not recognize the pattern of 7 stars (and surrounding details) on that button's front... but I can tell you the McGuinn-&-Bazelon book on backmarks says your button's "D.Evans & Co. * / Attleboro Mass * " backmark dates from 1850 to 1880.
 
Upvote 0
TheCannonballGuy said:
I do not recognize the pattern of 7 stars (and surrounding details) on that button's front... but I can tell you the McGuinn-&-Bazelon book on backmarks says your button's "D.Evans & Co. * / Attleboro Mass * " backmark dates from 1850 to 1880.

A while back when i found it i searched the net and found an archive with no picture just a simple description that matched..I cant remember the archive or find it anymore.It had to do with a Massachusetts military organization :dontknow:

Blaze
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom