What's new

Button ID please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This one just has an odd backmark I haven't seen yet. Does anyone know it? S.F. San Francisco? thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00011.webp
    DSC00011.webp
    133.9 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00012.webp
    DSC00012.webp
    137.4 KB · Views: 250
Yes. San Fransisco.

ARNSTEIN SIMON (& CO.) * S.F. *

Early 1900's

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I put it on my list of Great Seal button backmarks a while back. Cant quite read it after Arnstein Simon. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212590.0.html

I must admit, I found this on Bigcy's list then did a little more research to confirm. I found references to this company from the 00's to the 20's.

Thanks Bigcy!

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Thats what its here for. :thumbsup: Ill add the dates.

I havent researched all the datelines. If I see a pic of the button, I add it to the list. Actually this may be the only Arnstein button I have seen. Here is the pic from my files and it appears to be the same button. :D It may be rare.
 

Attachments

  • button great seal arnstein sinon.webp
    button great seal arnstein sinon.webp
    110.4 KB · Views: 201
  • button great seal arnstein sinon.webp
    button great seal arnstein sinon.webp
    110.4 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Arnstein Simon & Co. advertised Woolens and Trimmings in S.F. in 1906. http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:_2DveDl4mPYJ:www.sfgenealogy.com/sf/history/1906/06nsfmads.htm+ARNSTEIN+SIMON+(%26+CO.)&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
 
Upvote 0
I found one of these last week but no backmark that I can make out, its off a WWII uniform.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom