What's new

Button ID please

montanagold

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
311
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today and don't know how old it is or if its even military. Thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0347.webp
    IMG_0347.webp
    100 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0349.webp
    IMG_0349.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 154
well, it looks like a US Eagle button made by the Waterbury button company. It would be military, and similar buttons do date to the Civil War. Would that make sense where you found it?
 
Upvote 0
I have found very few civil war things here in Montana if this is a civil war button It would be my first and I would be ecstatic.
 
Upvote 0
Nice button. I think it is post Civil War 1870-1890s. Probably Indian Wars.
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
Nice button. I think it is post Civil War 1870-1890s. Probably Indian Wars.
yep
 

Attachments

  • buttons 1902seal 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1902seal 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 154
  • buttons 1902seal 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1902seal 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Its an Indian wars army button. The back mark dates 1870-1900 so it’s a post civil war button.
A lot of history in that button. :thumbsup:
Jim :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom