Button ID Plz

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this button today as my batteries were almost dead. The property was a peanut farm in the mid 1800's and saw some military action. This is the first button found on this site though. It is a cuff button and still has the thread in the back. Can't get a backmark because the back is so toasted and the front has damage but I am hoping someone can help id this. It looks military but not U.S. It has writing around outside and I can make out REX on bottom right side. Lots of gilt left on it. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• button front.jpg
    button front.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 69
  • button back.jpg
    button back.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 62
  • button comp.jpg
    button comp.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is definitely a modern era Civilian sports-jacket button. Specifically, it is a golf jacket button. Its front shows the emblem of the Royal Blackheath Golf Club. (That's why it has a royal crown above the crossed golf clubs with two golfballs below the clubs.) You can view a slightly different version of your button here: BB418- Sporting Designs- Benson and Clegg- Royal Blackheath Golf Club Button

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heh. As seems to happen eerily often, Creskol and I were typing our replies at the same time. His is shorter than mine, so he finished one minute sooner. ;-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread