What's new

Button ID

ALABEAR

Full Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Could anyone tell me the age of this button and maybe what it was used for. I found it in a field where alot of Confederate and Union relics have been dug. Thanks Alabear
 

Attachments

  • button 1.webp
    button 1.webp
    43 KB · Views: 160
  • button 2.webp
    button 2.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 172
I was going to tell you the button is not missing the back. It still had red material on the back of it. Alabear
 
Upvote 0
I would kind of agree with 4-H but think it's actually early 1900's. No offense to 4-H.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
late 1800's civilian dress.
If you ever find more with any material attached try to keep it intact.
Cool find
The red material looks like wool to me. It was still attached when I put it into my bag, but it came off when I got home and took it out. It was sewed on with alot thread. If I posted a picture of the material could any of you ID the period better. Alabear
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom