What's new

Button Id?

rustydigger

Full Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
177
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
central jersey
Detector(s) used
whites v3i, bounty hunter tracker IV, whites bullseye II pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old button and all I can read it three letters on the back "don" the front is blank any ideas? Is there a website for this? I can't get a clear picture so it wont help.
 
rustydigger said:
I found an old button and all I can read it three letters on the back "don" the front is blank any ideas? Is there a website for this? I can't get a clear picture so it wont help.
There are many websites on buttons too many to list. Do you have a flower icon on your camera? Try the UKFD http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/pages/button-makers.html#anchora
 
Upvote 0
What size is it?

What is it made of?

How many pieces is it made of?

What kind of shank does it have?

Do you have any friends who can take a clear picture?
 
Upvote 0
Some pics to maybe help its the size of a penny cant tell the type of metal
 

Attachments

  • 2012-02-20_13-58-56_414ab.webp
    2012-02-20_13-58-56_414ab.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 2012-02-20_13-57-14_981a.webp
    2012-02-20_13-57-14_981a.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 2012-02-20_13-59-46_767a.webp
    2012-02-20_13-59-46_767a.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 2012-02-20_13-59-55_754.webp
    2012-02-20_13-59-55_754.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 2012-02-20_14-01-39_704.webp
    2012-02-20_14-01-39_704.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
If I had to guess, my guess would be that it looked something like this:
 

Attachments

  • buttonlondon.webp
    buttonlondon.webp
    58 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0
Looks bout right thanks!
 
Upvote 0
I would guess 1820's. Looks like you found a good spot rustydigger :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom