Button ID

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks like one of the large, sometimes gilt copper buttons with hand engraved &/or punched designs (often geometrical) of the late 1700's.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
Looks like one of the large, sometimes gilt copper buttons with hand engraved &/or punched designs (often geometrical) of the late 1700's.

Yeap known over hear as 'Dandy' buttons (1750 - 1780s). Worn by the 'Dandy' gentlemen. Someone with money & refined taste/over the top decorated feminate clothes. Fashionable at the time. Think of the scarlet pimpernel.

"Men’s ‘dandy’ buttons 1750 – 1780

Large, geometric, hand-made ‘dandy’ buttons adorned the coats of men in the late 1700’s and were used not only to reflect the gentlemen’s status but also, perhaps, to attract admiring females! "

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
They worth any more than other one piece buttons? Or, 5-10-20 a pop like the rest?

Over here you would be lucky to get a Qrter for it. Probably worth more than that over there?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Skrimpy

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
CRUSADER said:
Skrimpy said:
They worth any more than other one piece buttons? Or, 5-10-20 a pop like the rest?

Over here you would be lucky to get a Qrter for it. Probably worth more than that over there?

Not sure. Thats why I was asking. those one piece buttons I have heard can bring from 5-30, even 50 bucks a pop if they are rare and quite substantially more if it is military with a regiment number on them.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
CRUSADER said:
Skrimpy said:

Not sure. Thats why I was asking. those one piece buttons I have heard can bring from 5-30, even 50 bucks a pop if they are rare and quite substantially more if it is military with a regiment number on them.

Yeap, its the military 1 piece which get the good money. If they make that much we could come to a deal with the ones I get ;D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions