jrwill56 Sr. Member Joined Nov 1, 2008 Messages 422 Reaction score 194 Golden Thread 0 Location Chowan Co. Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000 White mark 11 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 24, 2020 #1 found today in a feld where a early 1800s house was ----looks and feels like lead Attachments 23-4.webp 636 KB · Views: 106 IMG_102423-3.webp 714.8 KB · Views: 59 23-2.webp 599.6 KB · Views: 63 find 23.webp 595.8 KB · Views: 97
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 24, 2020 #2 Crudely cast... Maybe pewter. I think I've seen an offset shank like that. Part of a cloak clasp? I'm assuming you found it in the USA... Upvote 0
Crudely cast... Maybe pewter. I think I've seen an offset shank like that. Part of a cloak clasp? I'm assuming you found it in the USA...
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 24, 2020 #3 Here's a pewter button with an offset shank. Dug at a colonial site in Virginia. I'm not 100% sure on the date but I think very early 1700's. Upvote 0
Here's a pewter button with an offset shank. Dug at a colonial site in Virginia. I'm not 100% sure on the date but I think very early 1700's.
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,175 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 25, 2020 #4 I agree with Matt, likely pewter and clothing related. Nice find, Dave Upvote 0