What's new

Button spot gives up silver and copper yahoooooooooo

TnT2000

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
474
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Easton PA
Hey all, I am sure you have seen the posts lately by myself and MarkG, we now call it the button spot and for good reason..Today I got 9 new buttons making it a total of 21 in 3 short hunts MarkG got 9 his first time there. A couple of the new buttons are the size of a Large Cent, Speaking of Large Cent....It gave me another beauty today an 1802 in better shape than the 1801 from last week...and I was digging buttons throwing them into my pouch when I got home and began cleaning them I could not believe my eyes one was a 1853 silver 3 cent...My second for the year...Yes I was doing the happy dance... It has some black stains on it, does anyone know how to get it off I would value the advice.. Thanks for reading and looking...H.H. TnT..

md12 006.webp

The haul... Look at the size of some of the buttons, got some buckles etc.

md12 010.webp

3 cent

md12 014.webp

3 cent

md12 016.webp

Isn't she a beauty

md12 018.webp

perfect.....
 
Upvote 0
WOW...those coins are in AWESOME shape! Congrats on such a great spot!
 
:o :o :o outstanding!
 
OMG! :o I really need one of those fainting smiles here! What a day!!!!

Many congrats to you!!! WoW! :o

Nana
 
wow you got some great finds i would be happy with half the luck you have
 
AMAZING!!! Those are some awesome coins,
congrats big time. I don't know what I would doo
if I found one of those 3 cent'ers.
Thanks for sharing this. Nice photos!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Man-O-Man those are some awesome finds. I'm very impressed, not to mention jealous. ;D :-[ :o
 
Nice finds, the 1802 is fairly nice, will let you know later what variety it is if you want to know.

Don
 
Beautiful coins. I wouldn't clean them at all. The 3 centers I have seen dug are in a lot worse condition than that. You should post a dime next to it so people realize how tiny that thing is.
 
WOW TnT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I wouldn't have missed your call today and got out there with you. TWO silver 3 centers in one year, YAHOOOOOOOO.
As soon as I get my hallway floor finished, I gotta get back there with you.
Great job on the research at the library.
Later
MarkG
 
Awesome!! 2 great coins. I have certainly never found anything near that age range. Tons of buttons too.

Congratulations on that great spot.

Postalrevnant
 
Gribnitz said:
Beautiful coins. I wouldn't clean them at all. The 3 centers I have seen dug are in a lot worse condition than that. You should post a dime next to it so people realize how tiny that thing is.

By request and a good idea this is the 3 cent next to a dime...I did not know what the first one I found was...It is also about 1/2 the thickness of the dime..cool hu...he he... TnT
 

Attachments

  • md12 020.webp
    md12 020.webp
    23 KB · Views: 1,819
Very Nice Large Cent.....Looks pretty clean..

Between the "Button Spot" and "Iceberg" I have been seeing on this fourm..I need to name my spot pretty quick...


ZoSo71
 
ZoSo71 said:
Very Nice Large Cent.....Looks pretty clean..

Between the "Button Spot" and "Iceberg" I have been seeing on this fourm..I need to name my spot pretty quick...


ZoSo71

Now thats funny.....This a great forum...a lot of good people...
 
Both of those coins are great finds......for those of you in other parts, they have that distinctive Northeast "dug" look to them.....very, very nice....congrats!

HH all!

Greg
 
Very cool!

HH
-GC
 
Excellent finds! I clean my silver coins that come off of farm fields with a silver dip cleaner I got from a coin dealer. Probably not a good idea to clean it if you plan on selling it but would look better in your personal collection. HH, Mike
 
sweet digs there !!!! ya baby.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom