What's new

Button that has LINCOLN on the front

Tnrelicman

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
I found this today in a 10x20 area that produced 16 3 ringers, eagle I cuff button, and part of a us buckle, the shank is rusted off, and it read lincoln on it, any help would be great
 

Attachments

  • 2day1.webp
    2day1.webp
    11 KB · Views: 292
  • 2day1.webp
    2day1.webp
    11 KB · Views: 286
Is it an iron back 2 piece button?
 
Upvote 0
How about the Lincoln and Welland Regiment? Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I think it's a 1900's work clothes or coveralls button. Does it have an iron back and shank? If so that's what it is. If it has a brass back and copper shank or iron back and copper shank its' older and may be something else.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Guy!

I heard about the hunt tonight.
You guys cleaned up on the lead I heard.
I talked to Randy and he spoke of this button.
It looks to me partner a modern button too BUT,, Ya gotta post the backs for these guys to help us out.
Does the back have any type of writing on it?


Shoot me a pic of that Eagle "I" you dug too!
I'll just head to club forum and check it out.'

Mike , Maggie and Samantha
 
Upvote 0
The Lincoln button is attracting attention but I also think its a work clothes button. It could however also be from Lincoln County. That is, if it had a shank. If its pinback may be something else.

I dont see it listed but this is the idea. Many say Union Made. http://www.vintagebuttons.net/work.html
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom