What's new

Button?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this a button? Seems like gold gild. Looks like a one piece, but has a small rod before the loop in the back. Maybe a horse tack? Do you think its old? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 051.webp
    051.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 064.webp
    064.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 065.webp
    065.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 191
Definitely a button.....nice one!!
 
Upvote 0
That is a GREAT one--Very old! I wouldn't hesitate to call it mid-1700 or earlier. Gold gilded.
 
Upvote 0
Wow, I have never seen a button with this design and this much gild that was dug. It didn't seem real at first. I have used some aluminum jelly, but need to do the inside. Just wish it had an eagle on it. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Wow, I have never seen a button with this design and this much gild that was dug. It didn't seem real at first. I have used some aluminum jelly, but need to do the inside. Just wish it had an eagle on it. :wink:

Like BB said, this one is "pre-eagle" :D

Cool button :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Fantastic G !!! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
umrgolf2010 said:
Garabaldi said:
Wow, I have never seen a button with this design and this much gild that was dug. It didn't seem real at first. I have used some aluminum jelly, but need to do the inside. Just wish it had an eagle on it. :wink:

Like BB said, this one is "pre-eagle" :D

Cool button :icon_thumleft:
Breezie said:
Fantastic G !!! :thumbsup: Breezie
advegas1 said:
I THINK THAT WAS ON MY HIGH SCHOOL PROM JACKET!. that is old!
Thanks everyone. Seems like there is more or a story behind this button that we know. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom