What's new

Button?

Eagledigs

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this in the Union siege lines in Vicksburg among minie balls and buck and ball. I have found one button back from the Civil War in this same area. I was wondering if this is a plain face brass button from the war. There is no back and there is a small "clip" bent down on the back side(hopefully the pic wil show)..Thoughts?? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    46 KB · Views: 105
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 94
Size?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Here ya go, matt..
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    66 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
I've never seen a CW button like that. It could be a brass stud from a saddle or other horse tack.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I also thought about that..Espeicially w/ the little clip inside..Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
4
Views
389
Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom