Button

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this out in a field that's been plowed. No known history of any significance.
I know I've seen them before but can't remember where.

tmp_16045-2016-12-30 21.17.551098181352.jpg

Most are hem weights for curtains,dresses and only have a number on them. Have heard some are or were used as buttons. That is first one ive seen with design . Guess that one was made as a button.

Upvote 0
Can't stand when I've seen something and can't find it again.
I seen yours earlier today while looking for another button but can't find it. The stars hint 1940's.

Upvote 0
Hi; It is a 1940's hem weight. If you notice it has 5 Stars. What Military person can you think of that had 5 Stars on his collar ?? BINGO. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
Barker, noone said this was military. And stars don't get worn on the collar they go on the shoulder. Omar Bradley had five.
Here's a really fancy hem weight for you Barker, since you think it makes sense to decorate an item which will always be hidden when used: U.S.M.A. BRASS UNIFORM TROUSER SEWING BUTTON | eBay
-I don't claim their ID to be correct or not, just that it wasn't designed to be covered up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey thanks guys I can confirm it's not lead. It's got a copper like color to it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back