What's new

Buttons, Buckle, & Threaded Widget ID Needed

HI-McDunnogh

Full Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
194
Reaction score
396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did some more digging and sifting at what I believe is a home site on my property today. Among other things, I nabbed two buttons, a small buckle, and a threaded something-another.

Looking for help ID'ing what brands the buttons are from, what that sized buckle might be from, and the widget.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 20190901_02.webp
    20190901_02.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190901_04.webp
    20190901_04.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190901_06.webp
    20190901_06.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190901_05.webp
    20190901_05.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 82
threaded cap from a match safe. , an overall snap or button, and a zipper pull . those are my guesses
 
Upvote 0
The small buckle is likely clothing related, maybe an inside pants buckle.
The second item is the filler cap to a fancy burning oil lamp reservoir/tank.
The third item is an overalls button/snap.
The fourth item is a fancy collar button from a 'Victorian/Edwardian Period' ladies high button shirt.

Nice finds,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Thank you fellas! I appreciate the insight as always.
 
Upvote 0
The buckle is most likely a shoe or hat buckle. 1880s - 1940s would be my guess. Great finds! Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
The overall button looks early 20th century, can you read what it says above overall? It is most likely the company’s name and could be identified.
great mix of stuff!
 
Upvote 0
The overall button looks early 20th century, can you read what it says above overall? It is most likely the company’s name and could be identified.
great mix of stuff!

Thanks! I can only make out the first two letters, "AL..." I believe. Going to dig a bit and see if I can narrow down the brand.
 
Upvote 0
The second item is the filler cap to a fancy burning oil lamp reservoir/tank.

:icon_thumleft: Possibly from a 'Perfection' oil lamp. Turn of the 20th C.

Antique-Perfection-Oil-Lamp-Filler-Cap-_57.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom