Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to a couple of county parks to detect the open areas. They were farms back in the 18th and 19th centuries. At the second one I asked the rangers if I could detect close to the house(no detecting within 100ft in rulebook) and they said yes. I told them I found a couple buttons the day before and the one guy laughed and said they were probably from the 1970's. I didn't say anything cause I knew they were 17 or 1800s. I started digging and found a good signal. As the ranger went by on the cart he said to his partner that it's probably a water pipe that I found and they got a good laugh. It felt good to pull out another button as they drove away.
So I found a lot of random typical finds but i love them. The pointed piece is a part of a lightening rod clamp for a tree. Thanks to ticndig for the crazy ID on that. The point goes into the tree. Saving buildings and trees from lightening was a big deal in the old days.
There's a Corbin bullet in there, has a pellet inside for weight and material reduction. Also a musical instrument finger pick, maybe for a banjo. Thanks for taking a look
20191003_170215.jpg
20191003_165823.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Nice bunch of History!

Great finds!the horse shoe fob is pretty cool and the silver Washington is very nice.

I believe you actually found a Sleigh bell, not a Crotal bell. Im not an expert though.

Congrats that's alot of buttons and relics sounds like a great day keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back